Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Monthly Report: June 2015

My apologies for the delay in posting the monthly report for June... I have been really busy with work and family.

I plan to post an update every month on the taxable dividend income I receive in my brokerage accounts, the non-taxable distributions I receive in my Roth IRA account, the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts as of the end of the month, the market value of my Roth IRA as of the end of the month, the market value of my 401(k) as of the end of the month, and my savings rate as of the end of the month.

Below is the monthly report as of June 30, 2015:

Taxable Dividend Income (Total: $513.83)
  • Bank of America Corporation (BAC) - $6.33 (Increased 406.40% from June of last year)
  • Chevron Corporation (CVX) - $11.21 (Increased 3.89% from June of last year)
  • Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED) - $102.43 (Increased 7.66% from June of last year)
  • Emerson Electric Co. (EMR) - $23.88
  • Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - $18.40
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $7.55
  • McDonald's Corp. (MCD) - $92.49 (Increased 8.77% from June of last year)
  • Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) - $176.03 (Increased 13.72% from June of last year)
  • Pfizer Inc. (PFE) - $14.96 (Increased 11.39% from June of last year)
  • Realty Income Corporation (O) - $5.10 (Increased 8.97% from June of last year)
  • Southern Company (SO) - $13.56
  • Target Corp. (TGT) - $24.27 (Increased 24.53% from June of last year)
  • Time Inc. (TIME) - $0.19
  • Time Warner Inc. (TWX) - $3.87 (Increased 12.17% from June of last year)
  • Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) - $12.76 (Increased 5.02% from June of last year)
  • Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (DNKN) - $0.06
  • Kellogg Company (K) - $0.38
  • Mattel, Inc. (MAT) - $0.29
  • Unilever plc (UL) - $0.07
    • Total taxable dividend income of $513.83 increased by 28.39% from June of last year.
Recent stock purchases from this list are JNJ and SO in my brokerage account and DNKN, K, MAT, and UL in my Loyal3 account.  All the other dividend increases are from dividends reinvested and dividend raises from the companies.  I'm very happy with the total year over year dividend increase.

You can see a schedule of all the dividends I have received here.

Non-Taxable Distributions (Total: $300.86)
  • Roth IRA - $300.86 (Increased 9.69% from June of last year)
The increase in distributions for this month compared to last June is pretty good.  Right now, my Roth IRA is only invested in mutual funds since I didn't know about dividend growth investing back then.  As mentioned in my monthly report for May 2015, I have decided to purchase only dividend growth stocks for my Roth IRA account instead of invest in additional mutual funds.  I am leaning towards keeping my money that I've already invested in the mutual funds untouched and invest future contributions to dividend growth stocks instead.

Market Values (Total: $278,966.12)
  • Brokerage Accounts - $70,825.51 (Decreased 3.20% from prior month)
  • Roth IRA - $48,450.86 (Decreased 3.97% from prior month)
  • 401(k) - $159,689.75 (Decreased 0.62% from prior month)
    • Total market value decreased by 1.88% from prior month.
I'm not too concerned with the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts since the investment strategy with that is solely to generate a growing stream of dividend income.  As long as the dividends keep coming and are increasing, I'm not too worried.  Nevertheless, it's still interesting to see how it is performing.

You can see a schedule of the market values for my brokerage accounts, Roth IRA account, and 401(k) account as of the end of every month here.

Savings Rate
  • 55.13%
Savings rate was excellent for this month!  This is the highest so far year to date.  50% or more in savings rate is definitely a big achievement for me.

You can see a schedule of my savings rate by month here.

How did you do this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment