Monday, September 7, 2015

Blog Update

After some contemplation, I have made the following changes to my blog:
  1. On the "Dividends" page, I have included the mutual funds I own in my Roth IRA account: VBLTX and VGSLX.  I believe this will give a more accurate picture of the dividends I receive.
  2. On the "Dividends" page, I have highlighted the cells during the months that I initiate a position and during the months that I add shares to an existing position (with different color codes).  I believe this will better illustrate the dividend increases as a result of fresh capital being added or from pure organic dividend growth.
  3. I have consolidated the market values for my brokerage accounts, Roth IRA, and 401(k) into one page called "Market Values."  I have also added two new columns: $ YTD and % YTD.  I believe this will more efficiently present the same information but on one page instead of three.
  4. On the "Portfolio" page, I have revised it to display the number of shares for each stock I own; the cost basis; the market value; and the gain/loss for my brokerage accounts, Loyal3 account, and Roth IRA account.  I believe this will give a more transparent picture of my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment