Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bought On Loyal3: WMT

I purchased the following stock in my Loyal3 account on 11/20/2015:

  • 0.3278 shares of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) at $61.02 per share.  Dividend yield is 3.21%.
This purchase adds $0.64 to my taxable dividend income.

I've been accumulating little by little shares of WMT to average down my cost basis in my Loyal3 account.  I believe WMT is a solid company and I'm not worried about the recent stock drop over the past few months.  Like any business, it will have its ups and downs, and I don't see this short-term price drop to warrant any major concerns.  In fact, I wanted to buy WMT when it was in the $50s, but didn't have the capital since I am also trying to aggressively pay down my mortgage.

I am still waiting for Loyal3 to post my October statement so I can post my monthly report for October.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent buy with us. Every little bit helps no matter how small the buy is. I know many have been liking WMT in recent weeks as share prices have been coming down dramatically. Personally, I'm not into the retail sector. I know WMT, TGT and the like are quite popular but I do not like the space in general. Seems like too much long term overhead to compete effectively with growing online retail sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DivHut,

      I agree with you in the sense that every little bit helps no matter how small the buy is. It all adds up little by little over time, especially with reinvested dividends and compounding.

      Most retail stores I am also not into, but I find WMT to have quite a dominant presence, especially in their ability to cut costs for the consumer.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. WMT is the one retailer I own and will hopefully pick up more shares of this company! Nice purchase!

    -JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JT,

      Glad to know another fellow shareholder! I love WMT and hope to pick up more shares as well. I believe WMT is a company that has solid competitive advantages which can withstand economic recessions.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. WMT is the one retailer I own and will hopefully pick up more shares of this company! Nice purchase!

    -JT

    ReplyDelete