Friday, July 14, 2017

Monthly Report: May 2017

I post an update every month on the taxable dividend income I receive in my brokerage accounts, the non-taxable dividends I receive from my Roth IRA accounts, the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts, the market value of my Roth IRA accounts, the market value of my 401(k) account, and my savings rate.

Below is the monthly report as of May 31, 2017:

Taxable Dividend Income (Total: $47.21)
  • Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) - $4.75
  • The Clorox Company (CLX) - $8.05
  • Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) - $13.20
  • Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) - $4.90 (Increased 0.20% YOY)
  • The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) - $10.34 (Decreased 0.48% YOY)
  • Realty Income Corporation (O) - $5.97 (Increased 6.99% YOY)
    • Total taxable dividend income of $47.21 increased 123.43% YOY.
The new position I added fresh capital to this year is APD.  The existing position I added fresh capital to this year is CL.  All other dividend increases are from dividends reinvested and dividend raises from the companies.  The reason for the decrease YOY for PG is due to the liquidation of my partial shares when I consolidated my brokerage accounts.  I'm very happy with the total year over year dividend increase.

You can see a schedule of all the taxable dividends I have received here.

Non-Taxable Dividend Income (Total: $193.71)
  • Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) - $7.60
  • The Clorox Company (CLX) - $7.25
  • Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) - $6.80
  • General Mills, Inc. (GIS) - $8.64
  • HCP, Inc. (HCP) - $12.95
  • Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) - $5.61
  • Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) - $7.67 (Increased 1.46% YOY)
  • Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (OHI) - $22.68
  • Welltower Inc. (HCN) - $14.79
  • Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund (VBLTX) - $99.72 (Increased 2.26% YOY)
    • Total non-taxable dividend income of $193.71 increased 84.35% YOY.
New positions I added fresh capital to this year are APD, HCN, HCP, and OHI.  All other dividend increases are from dividends reinvested and dividend raises from the companies.  I'm very happy with the total year over year dividend increase.

You can see a schedule of all the non-taxable dividend income I have received here.

Market Values (Total: $427,672.71)
  • Brokerage Accounts - $116,741.10 (Increased 3.05% from prior month)
  • Roth IRA - $84,617.34 (Increased 0.65% from prior month)
  • 401(k) - $226,314.27 (Increased 1.42% from prior month)
    • Total market value increased by 1.70% from prior month.
I'm not too concerned with the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts since the investment strategy with that is solely to generate a growing stream of dividend income.  As long as the dividends keep coming and are increasing, I'm not too worried.  Nevertheless, it's still interesting to see how it is performing.

You can see a schedule of the market values for my brokerage accounts, Roth IRA account, and 401(k) account as of the end of every month here.

Savings Rate
  • 56.92%
Savings rate was excellent for this month!  50% or more in savings rate is definitely a big achievement for me.

You can see a schedule of my savings rate by month here.

How did you do this month?

6 comments:

  1. Anything over 50% saving rate is just perfect! This past month I generate close to $500 on dividend income. I haven't check my saving rate but I would say is up there over 50% as well since I lived very frugal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Capturando Dividendos,

      I agree; if I can hit over 50% savings rate, that's perfect for me. Wow, congrats on generating close to $500 in dividend income! That's awesome! I can only imagine what your March, June, September, and December dividends must look like.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I like your assets allocation. It seems to be paying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myfinancekits,

      Thanks. Hopefully, it will pay off years from now when I retire or help me hit financial independence sooner.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job 1 company we share but others will come along.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividendsandhobbies,

      I'm glad we share one company in common. It's always good to know another fellow shareholder.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete