Monday, February 2, 2015

Bought On Loyal3: DPS, DNKN, HAS, K, KRFT, MAT, PEP, UL, YUM

I purchased the following stocks in my Loyal3 account on 1/26/2015:
  • 0.1274 shares of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (DPS) at $78.51 per share.
  • 0.2132 shares of Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (DNKN) at $46.91 per share.
  • 0.1815 shares of Hasbro Inc. (HAS) at $55.09 per share.
  • 0.1454 shares of Kellogg Company (K) at $68.79 per share.
  • 0.1494 shares of Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (KRFT) at $66.95 per share.
  • 0.3679 shares of Mattel, Inc. (MAT) at $27.18 per share.
  • 0.2029 shares of Pepsico, Inc. (PEP) at $98.58 per share.
  • 0.2294 shares of Unilever plc (UL) at $43.59 per share.
  • 0.1348 shares of Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) at $74.18 per share.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. operates as a brand owner, manufacturer, and distributor of non-alcoholic beverages in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.  Some of their well-known brands include Dr Pepper, Canada Dry, 7UP, Squirt, Crush, A&W, Penafiel, Sunkist soda, Schweppes, Sun Drop, Snapple, Hawaiian Punch, Motts, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T mixers, and Roses.

Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. owns, operates, and franchises quick service restaurants under the Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands worldwide.

Hasbro Inc. provides children and family leisure time products and services worldwide.  Some of their well-known brands include Magic: The Gathering, Monopoly, My Little Pony, Nerf, Play-Doh, Transformers, Furby, Playskool, Bop It!, Connect 4, Jenga, Life, Operation, and Twister.

Kellogg Company manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and convenience food products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.  Some of their well-known brands include Kelloggs, Keebler, Cheez-It, Murray, Austin, and Famous Amos.

Kraft Foods Group, Inc. operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company.  Some of their well-known brands include Maxwell House, Tassimo, Capri Sun, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid, Country Time, Kraft, Cracker Barrel, Philadelphia, Deli Deluxe, Velveeta, Cheez Whiz, Polly-O, Athenos, Breakstones, Oscar Mayer, Taco Bell Home Originals, Shake N Bake, Bakers, Planters, Miracle Whip, and Nabob.

Mattel, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets a range of toy products worldwide.  Some of their well-known brands include Barbie, Disney Classics, Little Mommy, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Tyco R/C, Toy Story, Max Steel, WWE Wrestling, Batman, Fisher-Price, BabyGear, Laugh & Learn, Thomas & Friends, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Power Wheels.

Pepsico, Inc. operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.  Some of their well-known brands include Lays, Ruffles, Doritos, Tostitos, Cheetos, Fritos, Quaker, Aunt Jemima, Capn Crunch, Life, Rice-A-Roni, Pepsi, Gatorade, Mountain Dew, Aquafina, 7UP, Mountain Dew, Tropicana, and Sierra Mist.

Unilever plc operates as a fast-moving consumer goods company.  Some of their well-known brands include Axe, Flora, Ben & Jerry's, Bertolli, Hellmann's, Knorr, Lipton, Pond's, Sunlight, Magnum, Fruttare, Sunsilk, Surf, TRESemme, VO5, and Vaseline.

Yum! Brands, Inc. operates quick service restaurants primarily under KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell.

I'm using Loyal3 to initiate positions in companies that I want to make speculative plays in and to dollar cost average in companies that I'm definitely interested in.  I've been wanting to purchase Pepsico, Inc. for a while, but have always thought the stock to be overpriced.  I may still have overpaid for Pepsico, Inc., but at least now I have a small position and it did not cost me much at all.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent buys with us. I like Loyal3 a lot even though I don't use them I like the concept and always say that if I was starting today they'd be my first choice. I own a few of the names you mention in my portfolio. No doubt all solid dividend payers. The toy companies have been getting some attention recently especially MAT since it dropped so much and is offering a juicy yield. Look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DivHut,

      Even though I don't get the best purchase price with Loyal3, I love the fact that you can purchase a position in a company with as little as $10. Plus, they don't charge any fees so I pretty much just use it to dollar cost average and test out the waters for companies I might be interested in.

      Delete
  2. Some great companies in that list. Big fan of Loyal3 myself. Look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gareth,

      I'm pretty new to Loyal3 myself, but love the fact that you can dollar cost average, invest with small amounts, and no fees. Thanks for reading.

      Delete