Friday, August 21, 2015

Bought On Loyal3: WMT

I purchased the following stock in my Loyal3 account on 8/21/2015:
  • 0.2954 shares of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) at $67.71 per share.  Dividend yield is 2.89%.
This purchase adds $0.58 to my taxable dividend income.

It also brings down my average share price to $72.89 on my Loyal3 account.  This account is the purest way to visualize dividend growth investing since it does not offer a dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP) except for a couple stocks, which I hope they change because DRIPs are an awesome way to dollar cost average without incurring any fees.  Additionally, I opened my Loyal3 account in February of this year and invest a very small amount of capital every month so beginners with little capital can follow along realistically and see the power of dividend growth investing.

Everyone has to start somewhere, even if it's a few dollars generating a few cents of dividends.  Just remember that with discipline and persistence, cents will turn into dollars, which will turn into hundreds of dollars, and eventually thousands of dollars.  The power of compounding, given the right amount of time, can work wonders.

2 comments:

  1. Nice buy! We own WMT in our family's dividend stocks portfolio. WMT is looking very attractive at current valuations.

    Keep adding to that dividend income stream! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AFFJ,

      Nice to know another fellow shareholder in a solid company like WMT. I think WMT is a great deal right now.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete