Monday, August 10, 2015

Monthly Report: July 2015

I plan to post an update every month on the taxable dividend income I receive in my brokerage accounts, the non-taxable distributions I receive in my Roth IRA account, the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts as of the end of the month, the market value of my Roth IRA as of the end of the month, the market value of my 401(k) as of the end of the month, and my savings rate as of the end of the month.

Below is the monthly report as of July 31, 2015:

Taxable Dividend Income (Total: $34.44)
  • The Coca-Cola Company (KO) - $17.47 (Increased 11.99% from July of last year)
  • Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB) - $8.87
  • Realty Income Corporation (O) - $5.13 (Increased 8.92% from July of last year)
  • Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (DPS) - $0.12
  • The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC) - $2.56
  • Pepsi, Inc. (PEP) - $0.29
    • Total taxable dividend income of $34.44 increased by 69.57% from July of last year.
Recent stock purchases from this list are KMB in my brokerage account and DPS, KHC, and PEP in my Loyal3 account.  All the other dividend increases are from dividends reinvested and dividend raises from the companies.

You can see a schedule of all the dividends I have received here.

Non-Taxable Distributions (Total: $98.73)
  • Roth IRA - $98.73 (Increased 3.21% from July of last year)
The increase in distributions for this month compared to last July is mediocre, probably even sub-par.  Right now, my Roth IRA is only invested in mutual funds since I didn't know about dividend growth investing back then.  As mentioned in my monthly report for May 2015, I have decided to purchase only dividend growth stocks for my Roth IRA account instead of invest in additional mutual funds.  I am leaning towards keeping my money that I've already invested in the mutual funds untouched and invest future contributions to dividend growth stocks instead.

Market Values (Total: $287,379.34)
  • Brokerage Accounts - $73,921.97 (Increased 4.37% from prior month)
  • Roth IRA - $50,352.05 (Increased 3.92% from prior month)
  • 401(k) - $163,105.32 (Increased 2.14% from prior month)
    • Total market value increased by 3.02% from prior month.
I'm not too concerned with the market value of my taxable brokerage accounts since the investment strategy with that is solely to generate a growing stream of dividend income.  As long as the dividends keep coming and are increasing, I'm not too worried.  Nevertheless, it's still interesting to see how it is performing.

You can see a schedule of the market values for my brokerage accounts, Roth IRA account, and 401(k) account as of the end of every month here.

Savings Rate
  • 43.09%
Savings rate was excellent for this month.  Not the highest savings rate, but as long as it's higher than 15%, I'm more than happy.

You can see a schedule of my savings rate by month here.

How did you do this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment